Visit to Chernobyl as a unique experience
The Organizing committee makes efforts to diversify and enrich your experience in Ukraine. Together with CHORNOBYL TOUR® team, we propose for you Chernobyl zone visit.
We plan that this one or two-day trip will be after the conference (on 26-27 of September 2020). You can book a trip to the Chernobyl Zone for yourself and your friends/colleagues on the most convenient date and with the route, which will include the objects and places you are most interested in. If you are interested, let us know about your plans to organize group journey (10 or more participants, private or scheduled tour).
Chernobyl is the most famous Ukrainian phenomenon. If you plan to visit Ukraine or are already in the country, don’t miss the most important and unique experience and site.
Radiation makes the zone particularly interesting. Now at the ground there lays, in the thousand-times-decreased scale, a picture of contamination after a large radiation incident – the picture extremely intricate, interesting, representative also for chemical accidents and terrorist attacks, and fortunately already safe for the visitors. Of course, the Zone in its central part still has places with elevated radiation, and we definitely would NOT recommend you staying at them for a long time. However, if you follow the suggested route and the guides’ directions, your visit to the Chernobyl zone will be absolutely radiation-safe.
We will be glad to tailor the best program to make your visit most informative and truly remarkable! In the trip you will be accompanied by a professional guide; all our guides are also workers of the Zone.
We would be glad to arrange a private tour for you.
The price of 1-day Chornobyl private tour for a group of 10 people on the 26th of September is 155 USD per person for foreign citizens and 123 USD per person for Ukrainians.
The price of 1-day Chornobyl private tour for a group of 20 people on the 26th of September is 134 USD per person for foreign citizens and 106 USD per person for Ukrainians.
Please note that the prices for private tours vary depending on the number of people and sometimes on the date of the visit; usually the more people are going on the tour, the cheaper it is for each participant.
The price of the private tour includes:
- all formal permissions;
- Kyiv pick up and drop off(a location in Kyiv of your choice, e.g. your hotel);
- English-speaking guide;
- maximally permitted time of stay in the Zone (leaving Kiev at 8.00 a.m., arriving back at 8.30 – 9.00 p.m.);
extended program of the visit;
- teaching skills of radiation survival;
- route map and personal certificate about visit to the Chornobyl zone.
One-day trip ROUTE
There can be some changes due to weather conditions, and upon request of the group.
- the field camp of the 25th brigade of the radiation-chemical and bacteriological protection;
- the Zone checkpoint “Dytyatki”;
- the abandoned village of Zalissja;
- the eliminated village of Kopachi;
- concrete-reloading unit, which was essential for erection of the Sarcophagus;
- the decontaminated Red Forest, located on the trace of the worst – first – release of the radiation directly after the explosion;
- the abandoned city of Pripyat, which once had 50-thousand population;
- the Chernobyl NPP and the Sarcophagus; feeding catfish in the cooling pond;
- the secret soviet object Chernobyl-2 (radar “DUGA-1”);
- the town of Chornobyl, with the world’s best monument to the heroes of Chernobyl, and an open-air exhibition of vehicles which participated in mitigation of the accident
- fire station of Chernobyl-town: its crews arrived the third to extinguish fire at the NPP after the explosion
- monument to Chernobyl heroes: a floral tribute
To make your trip comfortable and enjoyable, we advise you to:
- have some sandwiches and bottled water with you to have a bite en route;
- be prepared for rain and dew on the grass during the walks on the stops;
- have your personal first aid kit and a repellent;
- wear comfortable clothes and high hiking shoes (boots in winter);
- and, most importantly – TAKE YOUR PASSPORT – not ID – without it you won’t be let to the zone!
The scheduled group tours can be booked directly on our website. The price is fixed- $99 USD per person for foreign citizen and $49 USD per person for Ukrainian citizens.
The difference between the private tour and the scheduled tour
The group tour has a fixed route and scheduled timeframes, that cannot be changed, whereas in the private tour the route can be adjusted according to your personal preferences. You are free to build your own route as long as it is confirmed with our guides. In case you would like to see some locations specifically or omit some other locations, please let us know in advance so we could discuss it with our guides and ensure it is possible. Also, if you have any specific interests or professional/scientific background, or interested in video games or tv-series with Chornobyl theme, etc- you could share your preferences with us and we will try to create a program that suits you best.
Apart from the flexibility, private tour also gives you more comfort, as we provide pick-up and dropoff from your accommodation (for the group tours the group gathers near the central railway station).
Please note that the lunch is not included in the group scheduled tours and it is optional- $8 USD per person; in private tours the lunch is already included.
Contact person from CHORNOBYL TOUR
CHORNOBYL TOUR® manager
+380 44 221-1986
If you would like to book the individual tour, please kindly provide us with such information per each participant*:
1) full name
2) passport number
3) date of birth (e.g. 23.01.1983)
Deposit payment to be done by bank transfer, the rest of the sum to be paid on spot on the day of the trip. The given price and availability of the trip are actual now but can be changed, check the site of CHORNOBYL TOUR or contact the Organizing committee.
*Please note: if you do not send passport details in time (or you send the incorrect passport details), and then provide them later, less than in 5 days before the tour, then you should pay the penalty fee $34 USD per each passport’s item.
**To book individual tour for your, send e-mail to email@example.com with topic aforementioned information. We process this information and inform you about further steps.
***After receiving this information and 25% deposit for booking the private tour, the date of the tour will be booked.